Friday, November 20, 2009

What is the meaning of the Indian baby boy name "ISHANT"?

I want to name my baby boy "ISHANT", but am unable to find the meaning of the name in books (checked in Maneka Gandhi's Hindu Baby Names) %26amp; the internet (most of them point to "Ishant Sharma"). Appreciate if someone can let me know the actual meaning of the name.





For starters, I know "ISHAAN" means both Lord Shiva %26amp; the North-East direction. But what does "ISHANT" mean?

What is the meaning of the Indian baby boy name "ISHANT"?
I can't find it either. I think it's just a variation on Ishaan. I'm guessing that Ishant Sharma's mother made his name up; derived from Ishaan. I did find Ishan, meaning "Guardian of the north-east" or "the Lord Sun". Usually names derived from one another have the same meaning, so I'm guessing it has the same meaning as Ishaan and Ishan.
Reply:I found Ishat which means Superior but not Ishant.


No comments:

Post a Comment